For decades, the Hirsch name was a fixture on Murray Avenue, where the funeral home was located. Hirsch, and his wife of 67 years, the late Ruth (Leff) Hirsch, founded the business in 1948. They billed themselves as the only Jewish funeral home in Squirrel Hill.
Throughout his life, Hirsch remained an active member of the Jewish community, either as a mortician or in congregational or organizational life.
Read this week’s Chronicle for the complete story.